Vegetables, crops and building material gathering during warm seasons.
||Varies from 1 to 12+
The Field is one of the Buildings in the game Forest Village.
The Field allows you to grow several crops which produce food and resources:
To maximize the efficiency of your of your fields, it is recommended to design your farms considering the amount of farmers used in the field.
- The number needed is shown in GOLD when you are laying out the field
- 7 potatoes per a field, 3 of any others per a field. Therefore, 13x15 field will produce (13-2)x(15-2)*7 = 11x13x7 = 1001 Potatoes or 429 of any others.
- Note: substract 2 from field length because fences occupy cells of periphery.
- For 1 farmer, the maximum field size is 11×17. It will produce 945 Potatoes or 405 of any other crops assuming one harvest per season.
- For 2 farmer, the maximum field size is 15×18. It will produce 1456 Potatoes or 624 of any other crops assuming one harvest per season.
- Other research has found that the following field sizes are optimal in terms of maximizing the amount of land that can be worked by each farmer.
- The feudal "Are" is 1/100th of a Hectare. (An Acre is .4 Hectares)
|10 x 19
|13 x 21
|14 x 25
|14 x 31
|21 x 24
|20 x 29
NOTE: for startup, build fields of size 13x14, adjacent to a house, barn and well; you will be able to harvest your whole field in time with a yield of approx. 900
- A Scarecrow will improve the field's yield (growing rate).
- A nearby well will also improve yields as farmers can irrigate their crops more effectively.
SteamCommunity forum: Resources Explained.
Phono plays! Tips and Tricks: Farming Guide for Life is Feudal: Forest Village
Phono plays! Fruit & Vegetable Growth Chart